Next time you’re craving pizza, skip the unhealthy, frozen or fast food pizzas and try this tasty recipe. Pair it with a fresh spring salad with colorful vegetables and a dressing of your choice for a balanced meal.
- 100% Whole Wheat prepared pizza crust Boboli (brand)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat, low-sodium marinara sauce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved and broiled until softened
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled fat-free feta cheese
- 8 oz. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (optional)
- Vegetables (optional)
- Preheat oven at 450 degrees.
- Spread 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce on pizza crust. Then top with grape tomatoes, halved and broiled until softened.
- Add onions, feta cheese, shrimp, vegetables and black olives, then bake for 15 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through and crust is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh oregano. Cut into 5 slices, and serve.