Granny’s Apple Oatmeal
Next time you’re in the mood for Granny’s home cooked oatmeal, give this recipe a try. It’s the perfect start to your day, packed full of protein, healthy carbs and healthy fats to keep you energized all day.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups almond or rice milk
- 2 tablespoon of protein
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla
- 1⁄2 slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup no sugar added dried cranberries or other dried fruit of your choice
- 1 large unpeeled apple, grated 1 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. 100% maple syrup, or sugar free syrup
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 3-quart (large) casserole dish or baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. If you are preparing this the night before don’t add the liquid ingredients such as milk and grated apple until morning.
- Place mixture in a casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
Pam WhitakerMarch 12, 2020
The “Granny’s Apple Oatmeal” recipe calls for 2 tlb of protein. What type?