You can’t consciously feel or touch electromagnetic fields or electricity, but it’s becoming increasingly clear that your cells are indeed impacted.
Dirty electricity – which is another name for electrical pollution – is not widely known. This is because it cannot be seen, smelled, tasted or touched. It is complex to explain, so people tend to ignore, disregard and even fight against its existence.
However, many people do feel the side-effects of dirty electricity, which can include headaches, ringing in the ears, trouble focusing, and more, without knowing that the cause is dirty electricity.
Is Dirty Electricity Dangerous?
Yes, it can be. Remember, you are an electrical being and are composed of conductive and semi-conductive material. Your body is a very complex communication device and all the cells, tissues and organs communicate to each other through electrical impulses. It’s this communication that allows you to breathe, your heart to beat, or to get up and walk to the bathroom. This communication happens with finely-tuned bio transmitters and receivers.
So what would happen if you throw an electro-mess into the mix? It’s like a bunch of static on the radio. Communication is messed up.
This is what dirty electricity does – throws out “static,” which your body receives.
The Dirty Details
At the cellular level, your cell membrane receptors (the “Brain” of the cell) recognizes electromagnetic fields at very low levels of exposure. This produces a stress response similar to that produced by exposure to heavy metals or toxic chemicals. The cell membrane goes from an “active” or permeable state, where it allows nutrients in and toxins out, to an “inactive” state, where the cell membrane is impermeable , nothing goes out.
During a normal day, your cells will change states thousands of times, but when under constant environmental stress, the membranes can be locked in the inactive state. This is often referred to as “oxidative stress,” as nutrients are able to enter into the cell, but toxins (free radicals) are not allowed to leave.
What Causes Dirty Electricity?
In the beginning, clean power was intended for homes and building – at a safe frequency of 60Hz.
However, through technology, we are finding “better” and more efficient ways to use and produce electricity. The drawback is that these benefits come with a price. The modern energy-efficient lighting and electronic devices (dimmer switches, appliances, computers, TVs, etc.) tend to induce high levels of transients (high-frequency spikes) and harmonics (multiples of the fundamental and safe 60 Hz frequency) back into the building’s electrical system. These electromagnetic contaminates ride along on a building’s electrical system and can contaminate the entire building and even the buildings nearby…and then into you.
More efficient, maybe. Better or healthier, no.
Some of the devices that can create dirty electricity are:
- Cell phone chargers
- Computers and all the equipment that goes along with them
- Office equipment
- Televisions (flat or not)
- Dimmer switches
- Electrical wiring
- Candescent fluorescent light bulbs
- Pretty much anything you can plug into the wall
Now that you know what causes dirty electricity, when suffering from exposure to dirty electricity, what are the symptoms? They can be wide-ranging and diverse and can include the following:
- Skin irritation
- Sleep disturbances
- Muscle and joint pain
- Physical and mental exhaustion
- Loss of cognitive function
- Muscle spasms
- Numbness and tingling
- Pain in the lower extremities
- High temperature
Because you have these symptoms doesn’t mean the cause is just dirty electricity. However, there are times when patients have these symptoms, but otherwise look perfectly healthy.
There is a solution.
It is not certain what the “trigger” is that causes health problems from electromagnetic fields or other forms of electricity, but it is the dirty electricity that is a contributing factor.
Every day people are literally bathed in a variety of electromagnetic fields, microwave radiation, and dirty electricity. And if the potential hazards aren’t addressed, the potential of ending up with an inconceivable health catastrophe on a worldwide scale would be immense.
There are ways to protect yourself from the harmful effects of dirty electricity. The website www.emfsafetystore.com offers a helpful summary of the various meters recommended to detect EMF and other electrical contaminations in your home. If you find elevated levels of dirty electricity, filters and various shields can neutralize them.