Spice up dinner tonight with these tasty, tangy, tacos! This is one of my favorites shrimp taco recipes with a sweet and spicy kick to it. I also suggest adding avocado slices, lime or salsa. Enjoy!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted red cherries
- 2 jalapeno peppers, cut in half
- 2 tsp. ginger, minced
- 4 tsp. organic honey or Stevia
- 24 large raw shrimp, remove tails and shell
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8-100% whole wheat corn soft taco shells
- 1 small head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 4 Tbsp. cilantro leaves
- Optional: Add avocado slices, lime and salsa to taste.
Place cherries, jalapeno, ginger, and honey/Stevia in a mini chopper or blender along with 1⁄4 cup water. Blend until smooth (there may be very small bits of cherry).
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil and shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally, until shrimp are pink on the outside but not cooked through. Reduce heat to medium and carefully add cherry mixture. Simmer for about 2 minutes, until sauce reduces slightly and shrimp are cooked through.
Preheat an oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees and warm taco shells for 2 minutes. Spoon 3 shrimp and 1 Tbsp. cherry sauce into each taco and top with 2 Tbsp. each radicchio and carrots. Garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.