Serve this dish over a colorful bed of lettuce or with some baked vegetables for a delicious, well balanced meal. It’s the perfect mix of a sweet, nutty dish that will impress even the pickiest of eaters. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, torn into pieces
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders, 12 pieces total
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried thyme 1⁄2 tsp. chives
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup apricot or peach 100% fruit spread
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed of its juice
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
Put pecans in food processor and chop. Add bread and pulse to fine crumbs. Transfer to shallow dish.
Put egg whites in another dish and beat lightly with the chives. Sprinkle chicken with thyme.
Dip a piece of chicken into egg whites and then roll in crumbs, pressing to adhere. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken. Drizzle chicken with oil. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until crumbs brown and chicken is no longer pink in thickest part.
Mix fruit spread and lemon juice in bowl to make sauce.