Try Kristine’s favorite frittata for a protein packed breakfast. It’s delicious with a Mediterranean flair and you can add as many additional vegetables as you would like. Some extra veggies we’ve tried, and loved, were zucchini, tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 -2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 organic eggs + 4 egg whites, beaten
- 2 oz. fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. shredded parmesan
- Add any lean meat of choice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic until tender. Add spinach and sundried tomatoes 1 to 2 minutes until spinach is wilted.
Reduce heat and add eggs and cheese, season to taste. Cover and cook over medium heat 5-7 minutes until eggs set up. Uncover and place in preheated oven 5 minutes until top is firm.