With the holidays come the cakes, cookies and candies, leaving us on sugar overload. Rather than throwing yourself into a sugar coma, let’s try something different this year. How about adding a delicious, sugar free dessert to the menu instead of the sugar treats this season. I know you and your family will love it. Find the recipe here.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 oz. dark organic chocolate (70% cocoa or greater)
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft-cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 heaped cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup raw organic honey, Stevia, or agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mist 8 individual ramekins or 1 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
Melt dark chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat with 1 Tbsp. water mixed in.
Combine melted chocolate, beans, eggs, egg white, oil, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, applesauce, and honey, Stevia, or agave nectar in a food processor; process until smooth. Stir in walnuts and pour mixture into prepared ramekins or baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides, about 20 minutes for ramekins and 30 minutes for baking dish. Garnish each piece with a dollop of fat-free Greek yogurt, if desired.