Pair this fresh, summer salad with a protein of your choice. It’s light and flavorful, keeping your body lean and strong during the summer months. Add extra vegetables or fruit like avocados or blueberries for an extra burst of flavor. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, torn or cut into bite-sized pieces (3 cups lightly packed)
- 1-8-oz container of strawberries, sliced
- 3 oz. (3⁄4 cup) fat-free mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and pepper. Place lettuce in a large bowl and toss with half of dressing. Place lettuce onto 4 salad plates.
Toss strawberries with remaining dressing and place 1⁄4 of berries on top of each mound of lettuce.
Top each with cheese, and then sprinkle with basil.