Try this tasty, colorful slaw for your 4th of July celebrations! It’s packed with nutrients from many colorful vegetables and is a much healthier version than the store bought junk and the roasted chickpeas give it healthy, crunchy twist you don’t normally get with regular coleslaw. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh chickpeas
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 head broccoli stalks, shredded
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 head purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cup shelled edamame beans
- 3⁄4 cup green or red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 1⁄2 cup carrots, shredded
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. raw organic honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. whole caraway seeds
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place chickpeas on a large roasting pan coated with cooking spray, and drizzle with 2 tsp. oil. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally. Remove from oven and let cool.
Combine broccoli, cabbages, edamame, bell pepper, carrots, and onions in a large bowl; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, garlic, caraway seeds, black pepper, and remaining 2 tsp. oil; pour over slaw, tossing gently. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Top with roasted chickpeas.