Try this delicious meal for dinner this week!
- 1 package (13 1⁄4 ounce) 100% whole-wheat rotini
- 1lb chicken
- 8 oz. asparagus, cut into pieces
- 8 oz. stringless snap peas 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil 1 small onion, chopped 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated reduced-fat Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chives
Heat large covered saucepan of salted water on high to boiling. Add pasta and cook as label directs, adding asparagus and snap peas when 3 minutes of cooking time remain.
Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium until hot. Cook chicken white on both sides and then and add onion and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and browned. From lemon, grate 1 tsp. peel and squeeze 2 Tbsp. juice.
Reserve 1⁄2 cup pasta cooking water; drain pasta and vegetables. In large serving bowl, toss pasta and vegetables with cooking water, onion, lemon peel and juice, Romano, basil, and chives.