This dish is delicious and versatile. Serve it with a baked vegetable medley or atop your salad. Sometimes I will wrap a buffalo chicken strip in a whole wheat pita with lettuce, tomato and cucumber then drizzle the Gyro Sauce. Get creative with your meal, adding lots of colorful foods. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup fat-free feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, chopped 4 Tbsp. Frank’s hot sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Frank’s hot buffalo sauce
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each cut into 2, 3-inch pieces
- Olive oil cooking spray
In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, buttermilk, vinegar, feta, and onions. Cover and refrigerate mixture until ready to serve or for up to 2 days.
In a small bowl, combine hot sauces, oil, and paprika. Place chicken in a large shallow dish. Pour hot sauce mixture over chicken, tossing to coat. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mist a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Remove chicken from hot sauce marinade, discarding marinade, and place chicken on baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (no need to flip). Top with buttermilk-feta sauce, dividing evenly, or pour sauce into a separate bowl for dipping.