Ready to mix up this week’s meal plan with a recipe the whole family will enjoy? Being from Idaho (known for our potatoes) we love this dish.
- 6 russet potatoes, peel left on and scrubbed well
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 lb (about 2 breasts) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1⁄4 cup small yellow or red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free plain cream cheese
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Wrap potatoes separately in foil and bake in a large baking dish misted with cooking spray for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tender; let cool at least 15 minutes.
- Season chicken with 1 tsp. pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through; remove from skillet and set aside. Add spinach and onion to same skillet and sauté over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out centers, leaving 1⁄4-inch-thick shells. In a large mixing bowl, mash potato meat; set aside.
- Stir chicken and spinach mixture into potato meat. Add blue cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice, and stir well. Spoon mixture into potato shells, dividing evenly, and place potatoes, cut-side-up, on a baking sheet misted with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned and thoroughly heated.