If I have said it once, I’ll say it 1,000 times. If you balance the body, good things happen.
To balance your body, you need to eat healthy, exercise, take the proper supplements, see a doctor to have labs evaluated and to fix any imbalances such as hormones. You also need to check in with your mental and emotional health daily. We now know that psychological stress is associated with greater risk for depression, heart disease and infectious diseases.
Good mental health isn’t just the absence of mental health problems. Being mentally or emotionally healthy is much more than being free of depression, anxiety, or other psychological issues. Rather than the absence of mental illness, mental health refers to the presence of positive characteristics.
People who are mentally healthy have:
- Are happy and have a sense of contentment.
- Enthusiasm for life with the ability to laugh and have fun.
- A sense of meaning and purpose.
- The flexibility to adapt to change and learn new things.
- A healthy balance between work and play.
- Self-confidence and high self-esteem.
- The ability to build and maintain fulfilling relationships.
- Healthy ways to deal with stress.
If you or your loved one don’t feel mentally healthy, are suffering from depression, anxiety, or stress, here are a few things you can do to heal naturally.
Tips to become mentally and emotionally healthy:
- Connect face-to-face with supportive people.
- Exercise – Get moving in fun ways by finding outdoor activities and ways to move that you enjoy.
- Explore a variety of techniques for managing stress like journaling, meditation, yoga, exercise, deep breathing, hobbies, etc.
- Choose a diet rich in omega-3 fats (or supplement with fish oil)
- Get enough quality sleep – 7 to 9 hours a night
- Invest in activities that give your life meaning and purpose.
- Spend more time outside, in nature.
At The West Clinic, we are here to support you in your journey to optimal health, physically and mentally.
Dr. J Recommends:
To balance moods, treat anxiety and depression, Dr. J recommends the following supplements. We also advise that you schedule an appointment with a physician at The West Clinic if you feel you or a loved one may be suffering from depression, anxiety or mood disorders. Please call 208-232-3216 to schedule.
SAMe is used by mouth for depression, anxiety, heart disease, fibromyalgia, abdominal pain, osteoarthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, chronic lower back pain… continue reading.
Awesomeness Day serves as a critical calming agent for the body, helping to combat stress and anxiety. Learn more.
The Electrician is designed to help support healthy cognition, mood and memory. Learn more.
Mr. E helps to support a healthy inflammatory response, GI health, Immune system, endocrine system, brain health, cardiovascular system, liver health and more. Continue reading.
Emc2 is be helpful for brain recovery from stroke or brain injury, memory/mental focus in elderly and young, moodiness, and more. Continue reading.